Sonntag, 15. April 2012

I miss American Breakfast

Speaking of America....here is a less awesome cultural difference: ;)
--cornetto + cappuccino = Italian breakfast
--croissant/cake + espresso = Viennese breakfast
--pancakes, eggs, sausage, orange juice, coffee, etc.... =the breakfast I desire and deeply miss!

HOWEVER, when I discover Nutella in my cornetto, you'll be hard-pressed to get a complaint out of me.. ---->

     Which reminds me of: that time Meghan and I were interviewed for the Travel Channel!
     We were happily sitting outside the Colosseum, eating cornettos (typical day, huh??), when a woman approached us and asked if we spoke English. I was afraid she was going to try to sell us some tour or something, but nevertheless, we replied, "Yes, we do". 
To which she said, "Would it be alright if I interviewed you for the Travel Channel??" 
Meg: "....uhh..."
Me: "OF COURSE!"

        So she brought over her camera guy and equipment and started questioning us! It was so funny! I wasn't sure how legitimate this interview was.., but she gave us here email address, in case we wanted to be in touch.
        I've never been interviewed in a setting like that, and it was actually pretty strange...we'd answer her questions, but she'd have us repeat shorter catch-phrase-like versions of our responses, because she said they only wanted short clips.  For example, she asked Meghan about the cornettos we were eating, and Meg explained how Italians eat breakfast--that drinking cappuccinos after 11am is a faux-pas, and that eating anything more than say, a cornetto, would be seen as strange. But the woman only had her repeat "I bought this cornetto for 30 cents!"
        And then she asked me what I like the most about the Colosseum. I said that I found it amusing that it is viewed as this powerful icon of civilization and development, when really it was a bloody and barbaric venue (men being torn apart by wild beasts!) But still, I like visiting it. She had me repeat "The Colosseum is very barbaric, but I like it." ........not kidding.  Like I'm all on board the brevity and eloquence train, but do you need to dumb down our responses THAT much?? I mean, we call 'em like we see 'em....Ha. Still. We might be on TV??

Here are some Colosseum pics! 

Christmas Card 2012 anyone???

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen