Dienstag, 24. April 2012

THE DAY I PLAYED A VIENNA HORN

AND IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY, INDEED.
APRIL 19th, 2012.
  
     What I thought would be a typical lesson with Franz, became 13232412x more awesome when he brought his Vienna horn! After sight-reading Strauss 2 for an hour, and preparing for our weekly coffee + cake at Cafe Schwarzenberg, I was SO SO SO happily surprised when Franz whipped out his Vienna horn. ("I almost forgot!")
       I was so overwhelmed. My first thought was just, I NEED TO PLAY THIS INSTRUMENT, RIGHT NOW. Franz had me play scales mostly and slurs just to get a feel for the instrument. Playing Franz's horn felt very different! Different sound, different air....and SO much fun!
(Pic of me smiling happily with the horn)
We were preparing to pack up and meander off to our cafe when I remembered I desperately desired photographic memories so I could re-live the 10 minutes of Vienna horn playing over and over forever and ever.

"FRANZ, können Sie ein Photo machen?!"
"Natürlich!!"

      I wanted just a picture of me smiling happily with the horn, but Franz insisted on an action shot. He had me play the opening to Bruckner 1 and then snapped a photo.
AH
BEST DAY
Seriously.
Best day.
(Franz's Bruckner 1 action shot)

        Now all that's left is for me to get a picture of Franz Söllner! (for the memz). Debating the best way to go about this--go for the sneak shot? (I'm surprisingly adept at taking candids unbeknownst to the subject of said candids), or suck it up and ask for a picture with him? It wasn't embarrassing when I wanted a Vienna horn picture, so maybe this option wouldn't be too bad! ha ha! I mean, I think we have a Schnitzel date in the near future, because Franz wants to make sure I experience the BEST Wiener Schnitzel so perhaps I'll wait til then. Or perhaps I'll get his pic in my lesson tomorrow! :) Wednesdays are always the best days of the week.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen