Dienstag, 6. März 2012

Riddle Me This: A Shoe Sob Story

OK. HERE is a question that has been bothering me for a while. WHERE do European women buy their shoes??
In my few travels and explorations through Austria, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic, I've noticed that many women here are rather tall! I'm a little under 5'9....tall for American women, but rather average for the women here....(which is kind of nice, I have to admit.)
So sad!

I noticed especially in Prague, that perhaps half of the women I saw on the streets were at least as tall as me if not taller! Now my question remains: where do these women buy their shoes?
I poked through quite a few shoe stores with my shoe-hunting friends this past weekend in the Czech Republic. (Just perusing not looking to purchase!)
But I soon realized that the shoe sizes really only went up to 41 which is maybe a Women's size 8-8 1/2.
Alright, I know there are bigger problems, certainly....but assuming that tall women have proportionally larger feet, it concerns me that either their feet are not large enough to support their height and size or that they just run rampantly through the streets barefoot.  Because there were NO shoes in Prague that I could've bought.

Maybe  I should be pondering more important global implications or maybe following the presidential debate, instead of deploring the lack of larger shoe sizes. But I feel the need to inform all tall women that buying shoes in Europe may not be so easy or accessible as you thought it would be. And if a store DOES offer larger sizes (42-43) those shoes are definitely NOT the cute shoes.
Soooo take your monster feet elsewhere!

Like really.
That is all.
Carry on with your days! And be grateful for Payless and Macy's! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen