Mittwoch, 14. März 2012

A Day of Music

Meghan ist nach Wien gereist! Part 3

Sonntag! (Sunday)

       It would not be a complete Vienna experience if you didn't go to at least some musical performances! Therefore, we devoted Meghan's last day in Vienna to MUSIC!
       We woke up bright and early to hear the Vienna Boys' Choir at the Hofburgkappelle.  (Didn't faint this time, yes!)

        Then we headed to Café Sperl. Fun fact: Café Sperl was Hitler's favorite coffee house in Vienna! Another fun fact that most people don't realize: Hitler was Austrian, not German! Now you know...
           We had 2 separate waitresses for some reason...and one was kind of a bitch (if you don't mind my saying) but the other was rather pleasant. I know that Café Sperl is in Rick Steve's book on coffee houses to visit, so maybe the surly waitress ascertained that we were Americans and typecast us as cantankerous, rude tourists. Oh well. Her loss. We're 2 rather charming Americans, if I do say so myself.

        Then, in the downtime before our next musical adventure,  Meg and I walked past Karlskirche, listened to a street accordion player, and snapped a few photos! We met some friends at my favorite falafel place by Schwedenplatz fur lunch, and headed to die Oper!!!! Meg's first Vienna Opera!!
Karlskirche
We went to see Simon Buccanegra by Verdi. Maybe not the most heart-stopping opera ever written...but the lead baritone, Dmitri Hvorostovsky (also known as the "Silver Fox") might be the most heart-stopping opera singer I've ever seen. Do you think he'd accept a marriage proposal from me?.....only sort of joking..........
Dmitri<3
 
Excellent last day in Wien! I think we covered it all! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen