Freitag, 23. März 2012

Reading outside is the only place to read

 

       Read in the park again today--this time in both Stadtpark and the Burggarten, which is outside the Hofburg and Palmenhaus. 
     
                                 Julia and I had some "Eiskaffees" before we studied German in the park. Eiskaffee, by the way, is not an iced coffee. It's "chilled coffee" with vanilla ice cream and Shlagobers! (whipped cream). America really doesn't have a drink like this! (I don't know why...it's delicious!) Conceptually, I'd say it's a cross between a frappuccino and a root-beer float. Sooo good. I mean, we have drinks similar to an Eiskaffee, but nothing really like it. (Or do we?? BITTE LET ME KNOW IF WE HAVE AN AMERICAN EISKAFFEE EQUIVALENT. Will need to look into that upon my return to the States...) 
      
       Who DOESN'T like iced coffee that has a scoop of ice cream in it?? It's like the drink that was invented for me. My two favorite things: ice cream and coffee. Together. In one. Now to make this the perfect setting, all I'd need would be to be surrounded by flowers, listening to Regina Spektor music, and drinking an Eiskaffee. Can you think of anything more perfect? I know I certainly can't. 
         Except maybe going to see Hunger Games for the second time.....(yes that happened)
       So for those of you who know me and my proclivity to watch movies I like over and over and over again....it should come as no surprise that I just saw Hunger Games again today...second day in a row. I promise, this is the last time, though! No more Harry Potter 7 Pt. 1 repeats (where I shamelessly saw that film in theaters FOUR times...#Iregretnothing) And yes, Hunger Games was just as good the second time!  
     
    Oh and another thing I'd like to mention....the M&M's taste different here. Must be the sugar. 




That's it for today! Gonna study a little more for my German midterm that's in the morning. And then tomorrow I have tickets to see the Vienna Philharmonic!!!!!! First Wiener Philharmoniker concert at the Musikverein (Because let me tell you, Vienna Phil tickets are hard to come by!) They'll be performing Dvorak 9, among other things, and I'm super, crazy excited!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen