Mittwoch, 29. Februar 2012

Typical Dayz

It's interesting to think on how this blog and facebook might be poorly portraying my time abroad. While I pose ecstatically (with my arms in the air, usually) in front of lots of beautiful European buildings, I feel the need to impress upon everyone that that is NOT what my typical days are like! ...just most days..(Haha!) But really, that would be ridiculous. I still have classes; I still do homework; I still practice; I still read in my downtime; and I still behave like a normal human being! (Because, let's face it: constant stimulation and interaction is exhausting.)
For example, I will only read maps in this manner 3 times out of 10.
However, when I do take the time to check out a museum, sit down at a café, read in the park, try a new restaurant...those end up being the times I take out my camera. I don't photograph traveling on the U-Bahn, or running through the rain to get to a rehearsal. Obviously those aren't the "living it up!!" times I feel the need to capture forever.
So yes, though my life here is FABULOUS and I'm loving every minute of it, I'm still a normal student. Just in a new and exciting place. Instead of hitting up the Unicorn Café in Evanston, I might venture to Café Sperl....although I've been informed that that was Hitler's favorite café??

But that being said, I don't feel like I've wasted any time here. I've taken complete and brutal advantage of all that Vienna has to offer--museums, balls, ice-skating, operas, concerts, Kaffeehäusern, hole-in-the-wall Falafel restaurants--you name it! And I've done a fair amount of traveling--although my bank account isn't super pleased with that one.

These might be pointless/uninteresting thoughts..but I felt the need to write them down. 

Plan for Thursday:
9am- Lesson with Franz in the Musikverein!
10:30am- German class
1:30pm- Schoenberg class excursion to the Lower Belvedere for a Klimt exhibit
3:00pm- Find a new café with Julia!
**FIND the Mnozil Inn/Pub??? I've realized it's essential that I make a pilgrimage to the place where the Mnozil Brass originated. I might go search that out this afternoon really. All I want is a picture. And to hear them live. (They'll be in Vienna TWICE this spring)

That's it for now!
Cheers!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen