Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2012

London in a Flash

LONDON! So I finally go to go to the city that is associated with all of my literary and historical obsessions. For all Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Henry VIII fans (like me), London is like a fantasy. We spent 5 ridiculously action-packed days here, and I figured pictures speak louder than words...so here's what I did in London!:

Went to the Tower of London!

...and was briefly imprisoned in the 'Bloody Tower'

Attempted to get into Platform 9 and 3/4 at King's Cross Station

And when that failed I shamelessly chased after the 'Hogwarts Express'

Participated in a stereotypical yet satisfying telephone booth photo shoot

Spent hours in the British Museum!!

And posed with Hercules in the British Museum


Received directions on how to correctly cross the street.

Stayed in a 15-person mixed hostel room....and even I, who've been known to sleep through alarms had difficulty sleeping here. OH well! That's why you do as much as you can during the day, get super tired, and crash early!

Toured Westminster Abbey and saw tombs of some REALLY old English kings and queens!

Posed enchantingly in front of Big Ben
Rode on the London Eye!
 
And took LOTS of pictures. Mostly of Big Ben....
SO PRETTY!


Witnessed the "Changing of the Guard" at Buckingham Palace!
And did a marvelous job of assisting with the guard change.

Visited the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square--very cool.

Oh and we saw The Importance of Being Ernest! I have to say, as someone who truly despised the Colin Firth movie, I LOVED this play!

Went to Baker Street to see my idol, Sherlock.

Got the BEST 221b Baker St. photo EVER!


Spontaneously got a haircut at the Liverpool Train Station..
Drove along the LEFT SIDE of the road!! My stomach dropped every time we'd make a turn. Hard to get used to.
Also, we're in one of those double-decker red buses, and are on our way to get tea with Prince Harry.

Ran next alongside St. James' park on a sunny day--"Wir laufen in London!!"  



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen