Montag, 13. Februar 2012

Musikverein Feb 2nd


SO GOOD. SO GOOD.














So I just got back from my 9-day break and I'm starting classes today! BUT in the frenzy to pack and print boarding passes before the trip, I didn't get the chance to post about this AMAZING concert I went to a week and a half ago at the Musikverein.

     Favorite performance in Vienna so far! The Royal Stockholm Orchestra played one of my favorite pieces of all time: The Firebird Suite (in its entirety!) and it was, for lack of a better word, SUBLIME. What a beautiful hall and beautiful orchestra. We paid for some cheap-ass seats on the balcony behind the orchestra, so we couldn’t even see the soloist during the Brahms violin concerto in the first half. But we made our way down to the first floor to steal some standing room to make sure we could the orchestra for Firebird. And I’m glad we did!
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen