Samstag, 25. Februar 2012

Stadtpark

I love cities.
I love the excitement, I love the diversity, the shopping opportunities, the overwhelming choice of places to purchase coffee or döner kebaps.....

But I also love duck ponds.
And now I love Stadtpark--one of the larger parks in Vienna, and only a 5 minute walk from our center on Johannesgasse in the 1st district.

On Wednesday morning when class was cancelled, I came here and just read and wrote for 2 hours. Just what I needed. I realized I hadn't explored Stadtpark yet, and it's right next to the U-Bahn stop I use EVERY DAY. When I found the duck pond, I was like, "Alright, now THIS is what I'm talking about!!" It reminds me of a pond in Wellesley that I used to go to with my grandma to feed ducks and geese. So, it's a nice little slice of home.

I mean....sun, warmth, beauty, ducks, a good book on the history of Irish monks and their impact on European civilization...what more can you want, really??

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen