Montag, 23. Januar 2012

Bus Tour

Saturday morning I went on a 3-hour bus tour throughout several districts of Vienna. We passed many palaces, composers’ homes, and more modern areas of Vienna as well. The first stop where we disembarked to snap a few photos was on top of a mountain (in the Vienna Woods) where we could see all of Vienna including the Danube! Very beautiful. Woops, Danube got cut off a little...it’s to the left. 


     The next place we stopped was the Hundertwasser Haus by the modern artist who doesn’t really believe in the usage of straight lines. Even the street’s cobblestones were uneven! I felt like I was in a funhouse. Except trying not to trip every other step wasn’t the MOST fun.  (Bitte, straighten out the road, bitte.) Definitely want to come back here though! Lot's of cool souvenirs to poke through. (Still have the bookmark you bought me, Meg!)

     And finally we stopped at the Belvedere Palace. It was pretty cloudy at this point, so I refrained from taking any pictures, assuming (hopefully) I can return on a sunny, spring day! With a blue sky and actual flowers in the garden!

After the bus tour, I grabbed a kebab box from a stand and went OFF to the opera…(foreshadow, woohoo, bitte yeah!)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen